Application for Postgraduate Student Housing in Residential Year 2020/21 (Continuing RPG)
Full-time full fee paying Research Postgraduate students (RPG) who would like to apply for on-campus student accommodation for the Residential Year 2020/21, covering the period from 15 August 2020 to 31 July 2021 (both nights inclusive), are invited to submit their online applications between 17 April 2020 and 1 May 2020.
- The residential periods are tentative only, subject to the confirmation of the University Academic Calendar 2020/21. The University will keep close monitoring of the pandemic situation.
- The number of hall places to be allocated would be reviewed from the public health and safety perspectives in a timely manner.
- According to the latest University’s policy, all student accommodations are NOT available for undertaking self-quarantine to minimize health risks. Students who are returning to Hong Kong from overseas therefore must arrange your own 14-day compulsory self-quarantine before checking in to on-campus accommodation for the Residential Year 2020/21. Upon check in, you are required to present relevant documents such as passport together with air-ticket, train tickets or quarantine orders issued by the Department of Health for our verification. Please note failing to do so may cause your check-in either being denied or delayed.
Accommodation Arrangement in Residential Year 2020/21
A new PG Hall, namely Jockey Club Global Graduate Tower (GGT), is available for application now. However, its move-in date is subject to the permission of the relevant government departments. Therefore, successful applicants would be assigned to a temporary bedspace in the existing PG Halls and relocate to GGT in due course.
Meanwhile, Tower C of University Apartment will be returned to the University for other purpose when GGT has commenced. All the residents of Tower C will be relocated to GGT in due course.
The relocation period from moving to GGT will be announced as soon as possible, end of Fall Term at the latest.
In addition, a new UG Hall construction project located behind GGT will start in the 1st quarter in 2021 the latest. Applicants are reminded that there will be dust and noise disturbances generating from the new project aforementioned nearby GGT in daytime.
Admission Criteria & Eligibility
On-Campus Housing Application Information
Detailed application information are available at https://shrl-admission.ust.hk/rpg/Housing-Application/continuing-RPGs.
Please read through the information before submitting an application.
- 17 April to 1 May 2020
- No applications will be accepted after 11:59pm, 1 May 2020 (HK Time). Late application will NOT be entertained.
- Apply at https://www.ab.ust.hk/applyhall
Rooms for Married Couples
Starting from Fall 2017, rooms for married couples are available in Towers A & B of the University Apartments for RPG students to apply for. For more details on the eligibility: https://shrl-admission.ust.hk/Admission-Policy/Admission-Policy-%28PG%29.
Refer to the application information page (https://shrl-admission.ust.hk/rpg/Housing-Application/continuing-RPGs) for more detailed information.
Preparation for Living Off-Campus
In view of the postponement of GGT and the closure of Tower C, students who are not in their 1st or 2nd year of HKUST RPG career are VERY LIKELY NOT to be offered a bed space in 2020/21.
You may visit the Off-Campus Housing Section of the Student Housing and Residential Life Office on 1/F, UG Hall II and meet with the housing advisor to obtain information on flat searching and other issues related to off-campus living. Another alternative is to visit the Off-Campus Housing homepage at https://offcamphouse.ust.hk/ to obtain information such as availability of rental apartments, approximate monthly rental rates, sample lease terms, etc. You could also follow the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/hkust.ochs/ to acquire the latest news on available apartments.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact staff of the Off-Campus Housing Section via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tel. 2358 8583. You may also contact them by Whatsapp (+852 61071961) or WeChat (hkust_ochs)
If you have any questions concerning the application, feel free to contact the Student Housing and Residential Life Office in person or at email@example.com.
Student Housing and Residential Life Office