Housing Application Information for Spring 2020 (New RPgs)
Housing Application Period: 21 November 2019 - 8 December 2019
POINTS TO NOTE:
1. Provision of false / inaccurate information may lead to disqualification and cancellation of the housing applications and associated offers and further disciplinary actions.
2. Application is only available for once a year and there will not be new round of applications for student accommodation for 2019/20; students who wish to apply for any residential periods in 2019/20 (e.g. Spring Term 2020 only) or have unconfirmed plans yet shall consider submitting the application form within the announced application period.
3. Applications are not on first-come-first-serve basis; all applications received during the application period are processed together.
4. Online system for applications and acceptance of housing offers shuts down sharply after deadline; any actions on submission of application / acceptance form could not be recorded by the system after the system shuts down even the student logged-in to the system before the deadline.
5. Only application / acceptance forms successfully recorded in the online system will be considered and processed.
6. Upon successful submission of application / acceptance form in the online system, an acknowledgement email will be sent to the email address(es) provided by the applicant; those who do not receive an acknowledgement email may consider submission of form NOT successful (e.g. late submission, etc.).
All housing offers are in term / yearly basis.
Successful applicants who receive a full year housing offer but wish to take up only 1-term of student accommodation may write to email@example.com to request for such adjustment AFTER accepting the housing offer.
|Residential Terms||Periods (both nights inclusive)|
|Full Residential Year 2019/20||15 August 2019 - 31 July 2020|
|Fall Term 2019||15 August 2019 - 15 January 2020|
|Spring Term 2020||18 January 2020 - 31 July 2020|
Students are required to arrange other sources of accommodation on their own before and after the offered residence. No requests for short term stay, early check-in, or late check-out will be entertained.
|Online Housing Application||21 November 2019 - 8 December 2019|
|Release of Housing Application Results||18 December 2019|
|Online Acceptance of Housing Offer||19 December 2019 - 22 December 2019|
There are no building preferences but only room type preferences in the housing application:
- Single Room in 4-person apartment in University Apartments
- Single Room in 5-person apartment in University Apartments
- Double Room in 5-person apartment in University Apartments
- Couple Room in 5-person apartment in University Apartments
- Single Room in SKCC Hall
As there are rooms for married couples in few designated apartments in University Apartments Towers A & B, those apartments would be available for both genders. Room types in the mixed gender apartments are not available in the online housing application; please refer to the following for information in indicating such preference.
Preference Indication Method
There are 20 4-room apartments in Towers A and B, each with 1 room for married couples
Applicants who opt for "single room in 5-person apartment" may indicate that they also wish to be considered in such room type in mixed gender apartments to increase their chances in allocation to such room type.
State such additional preference in "Section D: Other Information" of the online housing application
Room type preference in the standard housing application will only be considered if the application for room for married couples is unsuccessful.
Submit additional online form; refer to below section for details
Any of the room preferences indicated by applicants serve as a reference only. Room allocation is done on random basis in case demand greater than supply, and preferences indicated will be considered as far as possible subject to availability.
The accommodation charges for the Residential Year 2019/20 for RPg students are listed below for reference.
|Room Type||Available In||Charge (HK$) per month|
|Single Room in 4-person Apartment||University Apartments
Towers A, B & C
|Single Room in 5-person Apartment||3,800|
|Double Room in 5-person Apartment||2,470|
|Single Room in 5-person Mixed Gender Apartment||University Apartments
Towers A & B
|Room for Married Couple in 5-person Mixed Gender Apartment||4,950|
|Single Room||SKCC Hall||3,660|
- Accommodation charges listed includes utility charges (excluding SKCC Hall which residents are required to pay for air-conditioning charges according to consumption); laundry charges are not included in the charges listed. Allocation of building / room type and room is subject to demand and supply.
- Accommodation charges must be paid in FULL and are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Accommodation charges are to be paid by monthly installments. Monthly charges are posted to the Student Information System (SIS) in the middle of each month, and are to be settled by end of each month.
Example - for accommodation charges for October 2019,
- Charge will be posted to SIS in mid-October 2019 (around 15 October 2019)
- Charge will be due on 30 October 2019
For postgraduate studentship (PGS) recipients
Residents concerned will receive system notification upon charge posting. If residents concerned has PGS, the accommodation charge will be settled by the PGS within few days after posting, and the PGS disbursed would be the remaining amount after deducting necessary fees.
Note: above arrangements only apply to accommodation-related charges; please consult relevant offices for more information on the payment, deferral and PGS deduction for tuition and other fees posted to SIS.
For non-PGS recipients
The accommodation charges are to be paid by monthly installments. Students may login to SIS via myPortal at http://my.ust.hk (under Student Centre) to view the charge statement and settle the charges by the payment due date upon receipt of the charge posting notification. Please also be advised to keep a copy of the payment record in case there are any problems with the payment. Details of the payment methods accepted by the University are available here. Failure to settle the accommodation charges before the deadline may result in cancellation of offer without prior notification.
Application & Offer Acceptance Period (for New RPgs admitting in Spring 2020)
Application: 8am, 21 November 2019 - 11:59pm, 8 December 2019 (HK Time)
Offer Acceptance: 8am, 19 December 2019 - 11:59pm, 22 December 2019 (HK Time)
[for request in change of submitted information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org within the application period; requests are subject to approval]
Means of Application & Acceptance of Housing Offer
https://www.ab.ust.hk/applyhall > "Click here to submit application for Regular Residential Year"
Students who fail to submit the housing application within this application period will NOT be considered for student accommodation for Spring 2020.
Applicants who receive a housing offer will receive a system generated housing offer acceptance notification email the day after the Housing Offer Letters are sent and they are required to follow instructions to confirm their acceptance of offer online within 4 days. Failure to complete the online acceptance by the deadline will result in cancellation of housing offer without prior notification.
Applicants who are interested in applying for rooms for married couples are required to submit an additional form online. Refer to the Admission Criteria for details and admissions method of such room type.
There are NO available options for such room type in the standard housing application, and the room type selected in the standard housing application will be taken into reference when processing the application as well.
Additional Form Submission Period
8am, 21 November 2019 - 11:59pm, 8 December 2019 (HK Time)
[same as the standard housing application]
NOTE: applicants are still required to submit the standard housing application.
Housing Application Results (e.g. housing offers for successful applicants, notifications for waitlisted / rejected applicants, etc.) will be announced on 18 December 2019 and such result will be sent to applicants' HKUST ITSC email addresses.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to check with the Student Housing and Residential Life Office either in person or write to email@example.com if they do not receive any notifications by 11:59pm, 18 December 2019.
If you intend to check out earlier than the last day of your residential period stated previously, you are required to submit written notification to SHRLO at least ONE MONTH before your desired move out date.
For check-out before the last day of offer stated previously. The last month’s hall fee will be calculated as follows:
·Residents have to pay half of the monthly hall fee if they check out at any time on or before 12 noon on the 16th of the month; otherwise,
·Residents shall pay a full month’s hall fee if they check out at any time after 12 noon on the 16th of the month.